PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

craig2073
24-03-2012, 11:31am
Hello all, my name is Craig and I am from Werribee in Victoria.

I have always had an interest in photography but never pursued it. I have decided that is going to change.

I have a digital slr, however I have never used anything beyond the auto modes and have very rarely taken photos of anything other than at family gatherings.

I know that some days I will be limited in what images I can take if I don't have my tripod with me as I have Essential Tremors and even with the image stabilisation turned on some days it does nothing to help.

I am learning more about my camera beyond the auto mode (i have an Olympus e510) reading about the manual settings and what can be achieved as well as experimenting.

Kym
24-03-2012, 11:36am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Kel
24-03-2012, 1:19pm
Welcome, to the site as some who was in the same boat when I got my dslr mid last year, I have learnt a lot from this sit

Mary Anne
24-03-2012, 1:45pm
Hi Graig :action66: and Welcome to AP.. You will get plenty of Help on here its a great site for learning..

Roddy3030
24-03-2012, 4:17pm
Hello and welcome. There's plenty to learn here. Have fun.

Wayne63
25-03-2012, 6:32am
Welcome to AP Craig, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums soon

ricktas
25-03-2012, 8:25am
Welcome to AP, pull up a chair, join in and learn lots.

Mark L
26-03-2012, 9:48pm
G'day Craig.

reading about the manual settings and what can be achieved as well as experimenting.

If your not already, it's worth taking the time to read the New To Photography section in the Library right here on AP.
See you around hopefully.