PDA

View Full Version : ...yes, another newbie

guggle
14-03-2012, 7:19pm
Hi all,

Michael is the name.. I'm new to photography - haven't even yet bought a (DSLR) camera yet, but have started to have a look around to see what is a good recommended entry level unit.

I've been looking for a hobby and I wanted something with a creative edge to it. I thought of a musical instrument, but that means lessons and practice and more lessons and more practice, blah blah blah blah blah! Photography seems like something I can do at my own pace (although I'll probably do a short course or two..) and certainly something that can be done anywhere. On top of that I do a bit of astronomy from time to time, so there's possibilities in the future to combine the two.

So that's me in a nutshell.

All the best, Michael.

ricktas
14-03-2012, 7:22pm
Welcome to AP and the world of photography..oh and guess what, lots of practice is needed too..

Kym
14-03-2012, 7:26pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Mary Anne
14-03-2012, 8:16pm
Hello Michael :action66: and Welcome to AP.. Sounds like a good plan to me, its also a fantastic hobby.

Mark L
14-03-2012, 8:55pm
G'day Michael. Must say you've made a good choice, though I'm probably a little biased, as it's a photography forum. :D
A DSLR is also a good choice.

Photography seems like something I can do at my own pace (although I'll probably do a short course or two..)

Before you commit to any courses (and even before you get your camera) there's a free one right here on AP. http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book

Peter
14-03-2012, 10:23pm
Welcome aboard Guggle, astronomy and photography make a good combination.

monty1104
14-03-2012, 10:39pm
Welcome mate. I've only been here a week and already learnt so much. It's a great community to be part of!

Wayne63
15-03-2012, 5:29am
Welcome to AP Michael, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums soon