PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the north coast of NSW

ozgirl39
11-03-2012, 7:47pm
Hi all, this website is like a few I have been lurking around in the background for a while and have finally decided that I'd quite like to be a bit more active now. So hey everyone.
I've always been interested in photography. My first camera was a kodak point and shoot with a cartridge that held the film! In the mid eighties I had my mum's voigtlander camera repaired and was using that, then I got a Canon Ae1 and THAT was so exciting as it had a zoom lens! That camera travelled the world with me, and even got left in Edinburgh castle and amazingly enough it got handed into the little shop and I got it back - after running all the way back up the bloody hill to get it!
A few years ago I began cake decorating in ernest and wanted a camera with a more instant result so my ex husband bought a point and shoot kodak digital which did the job well and lasted until the sensor started to fail. Instead of getting it fixed I opted for a Canon EOS 1000d digital SLR, yes I know it's not a high end SLR but it was the best I could afford at the time. I am still blown away by how well it takes a photo, and for my cake decorating business it allows me more creative scope than a point n shoot.
Looking forward to seeing more of everyone's work here.

Mark L
11-03-2012, 8:05pm
G'day and welcome ozgirl.
Looking forward to seeing some of your cakes. :th3:

Wayne63
11-03-2012, 8:21pm
Welcome to AP, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums soon

Kym
11-03-2012, 9:47pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

martycon
11-03-2012, 10:32pm
Like Wayne I immediately thought of cake shots. However I am sure you will give us a lot more as well. Gday marty.

ricktas
12-03-2012, 6:23am
welcome to AP