PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

kalley
11-03-2012, 2:39pm
Hi just thought i would introduce myself.

Just started getting into Digital Photography recently so I'm completely at your mercy for abuse and derision :lol:

Looking forward to picking up some advice and inspirations from this site.

Cheers everyone.

ameerat42
11-03-2012, 3:39pm
Hi Kalley. Welcome to AP. Recent or not, post up some of your handiwork, and don't be surprised when you get constructive criticism, pleasant remarks, or even outright adulation for your efforts. Join in and enjoy.
(And anyway, we'd get into trouble if we dished out abuse and derision.:D)
Am.

ricktas
11-03-2012, 3:58pm
Welcome to AP, pull up a chair and join in

kalley
11-03-2012, 8:38pm
Thanks Guys,

When i said newbie i meant it. First decent foray into digital photo's will be at easter hopefully up the blue mountains.

Until then will taking lots of meaningless test photo's of absolutely benign rubbish testing out the camera.

That is unless i catch that red belly black snake sun baking again on the pathway.

Cheers

Mark L
11-03-2012, 9:02pm
G'day and welcome newbie kalley.
If you reckon you don't know anything, then check out http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book in the Library section of AP. you might learn something.:)
That's about as abusive and derisive as I can get.:D
You've found a good place to learn and interact.

Wayne63
11-03-2012, 9:19pm
Welcome to AP, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums soon

Kym
11-03-2012, 10:47pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Tikira
12-03-2012, 8:45am
Hi Kalley and a very warm welcome to our friendly group.
You mention that you will be experimenting with different settings etc before Easter- great idea, better to make the mistakes before it counts (and we ALL make mistakes-still)
Sooo.... after you do this >>>> "Until then will taking lots of meaningless test photo's of absolutely benign rubbish testing out the camera." then do this >>>

POST the results to AP, and get some great advice about what you did correctly, and what you could do differently, it will surprise you how quickly things improve.

We were all newbies once, and the best advice we were given was read (manual and AP's library- it all eventually starts to make sense!), take lots of photo's and post them here to get advice, our members love to help out where possible.
Good luck.
Di