PDA

View Full Version : Just A Little Chuffed

selaw
04-03-2012, 8:58am
Had a few photos in the Tumut Show yesterday and here are the two winners. Not ashamed to say I'm a little chuffed and wanted to share my happiness in these times of flooding sadness. Please excuse the dust bunnies ;-)

The show was all but washed out/cancelled. Luckilly the pavillions were open and entry was waivered. Reports suggest this has been the worst weather affected show in 100+ year history.

Enjoy :-)

#1 - Manly Marina Sunrise - Manly QLD
#2 - Zooming Homestead - Zooming experiment during exposure

Roosta
04-03-2012, 3:45pm
Good one mate, nice to get some recognition. The second one has had some interesting effects added, that's for sure.

Mark L
04-03-2012, 8:53pm
Good on you Roy. :th3:
The second one is interesting enough to make me think about trying this in the future. Thanks. I really like it.

bricat
07-03-2012, 6:18am
Well done. They are two different shots but both very effective. cheers Brian

ricktas
07-03-2012, 6:53am
Congratulations on the photo front, hope the weather front improves soon too

Judyd
07-03-2012, 7:56am
well done! I love the light and clarity of the first - beautiful. And the second appeals enormously - well done for experimenting. :th3:

selaw
11-03-2012, 8:31pm
Thanks for all the well wishes. Collected the photos yesterday and massive prizemoney ($4) :efelant:+ local pharmacy voucher and ribbon. A couple of winnings was a bonus. The real joy was sharing and having a lot of locals having a look :) The experience was an enjoyable lesson on its own.

A real shame that the floods put paid to most external aspects of the show and a lot more people missed out all together :( As if the Thursday flood wasn't bad enough, a bigger one came through on the night of show day (Saturday). This flooding was bigger than the 1974 floods that swept the region. Ironically, we have had exceptionally good weather this last week however, gloomy long range forecasts suggest heavy rainfalls around the end of March. My heart goes out to other parts of southern NSW doing it tougher than us. Our dam (Blowering) is on track to spill around then, gulp! Being an operator, that makes me uncomfortable. Floods are never fun to mitigate and the aftermath can be just as challenging.