PDA

View Full Version : My Intro

NCooper
01-03-2012, 9:20pm
Hi,

I'm brand new to this forum, in fact I'm completely new to the whole concept of forums. The photography forum was recommended to me as I have a keen interest in photography. I have Canon 500D, which I've have for about 2 years. Started out just taking happy snaps. Then decided to do a quick 3 hour beginners course, although even after doing that I haven't yet taken the training wheels off as I still shoot in auto, but am hoping information from this forum will give me tips and the confidences to do that. I'm also very keen to learn more about lighting.

I took photos of my little girl when she was born and since then purchased backdrop and some lights. I have taken family, newborn and bump photographs for a number of my friends and about 6 months ago was the official photographer at a friends wedding as she couldn't afford to hire someone.

I feel quite confident with portrait photography in terms of how to position subject, backgrounds and props, but really want to learn more about how to work with both natural and studio lighting.

Mary Anne
02-03-2012, 12:47am
Hello and Welcome to AP.. Have a read on the New To Photography Book And Forum (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book'') there is plenty of info there
And Post some images on the Forums where you will get feedback with lots of help if needed..

Wayne63
02-03-2012, 5:09am
Welcome to AP, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums soon

ricktas
02-03-2012, 5:18am
welcome to AP

Kym
02-03-2012, 9:54am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

rwg717
02-03-2012, 8:44pm
Cheers and welcome to AP, bit of a "learning-curve" in front of you but you'll get there....have fun:efelant:
Richard

Mark L
02-03-2012, 9:04pm
G'day NC,

Hi,
I'm brand new to this forum, in fact I'm completely new to the whole concept of forums. ....

So was I when I found AP. You'll learn plenty here if you contribute, ask and get a little involved. :th3: