PDA

View Full Version : Big Stopper

GerardGreen
20-02-2012, 5:43pm
Hello Everyone.

Just joined the forum.

I have a Canon 60D with the Tamron 18-270 lens that caters well as an all rounder. I use the Tamron 17-55 with an F2.8 constant aperture for low light conditions.

I am exploring the Big Stopper as an option to get flowing waterfalls in midday shots. I need to find a source for one at a reasonable price. Most places seem to be currently out of stock.

I look forward to meeting you on the forums.

Cheers for now.

GG

ricktas
20-02-2012, 5:55pm
Welcome to AP, You will be very lucky to get your hands on a big stopper, there is a worldwide shortage and people are waiting months for their pre-orders to be fulfilled, so hop in the queue.

Wayne
20-02-2012, 6:58pm
Rick is right. Worldwide shortage of most of the popular Lee filters, simply because they are hand made and the finest quality. I got one almost 12 months back, but I waited for all of my Lee gear (which came in the one order) for almost 6 months.

B&W are also making glass 9 or 10 stoppers if you want to take a look, expensive, but Schott glass and first class.

Both the above manufacturers make the finest filters available, and sadly for that there is a price, and a wait....

Wayne63
20-02-2012, 8:14pm
Welcome to AP GG, enjoy the site and see you in the forums soon

Kym
20-02-2012, 8:18pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ricktas
21-02-2012, 5:19am
Just to add the to Big Stopper question. They are so much in demand I have had strangers come up to me when I am shooting asking 'is that a big stopper', can I buy it off you?

Mark L
21-02-2012, 9:24pm
Welcome aboard GG.
This is a great place to interact while your waiting for your Big Stopper.:th3:

selaw
21-02-2012, 9:57pm
Hi GG & welcome to AP. Good luck with the big stopper and hope to see you in the forums soon :)

ricktas
22-02-2012, 5:20am
The OP hasn't been back online since 1 minute after he posted this thread, so chances are he has not seen our replies. :confused013